CWNA is Going Social!
At long last, you now have the opportunity to keep in touch with us via Social Media. Please “Like” and “Follow” us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+!
CWNA Takes a Position - Tetherow Park Development
Lodges at Bachelor View - Appeal Update
We are expecting decisions related to this development by May 28, 2017. At the heart of the appeal are important safety considerations related to traffic on Century Drive, especially at the intersections at Bachelor View Rd. and the entry to Tetherow.. Residents of Bachelor View Neighborhood have submitted an appeal for review of certain conditions, and CWNA submitted comments in December, 2016 as well.
For the complete summary of the project, the appeal, and the public comments, please go the City of Bend Website and access ePlans, at www.bendoregon.gov. From the SERVICES menu at the top of the page, select ONLINE SERVICES, select ePlans (Public Viewer). Pop-up blockers may cause issues opening ePlans so you may have to disable your pop-up blocker for this site. Then enter the file number PZ-16-0928 in the ePlans search bar. For help with ePlans, contact the Planning Division at (541) 388-5580 and choose Option 3 for the planner on duty.
City Chooses Growth Over Neighborhood LivabilityThe new City Council recently adopted goals that will determine how money and staff resources are committed over the two-year period starting in July. To learn more from the Bend Neighborhood Coalition from their recent newsletter, click here:
Bend City Council Office Hours
Councilor office hours are an opportunity to sit down and talk with one or two of your elected leaders in an informal setting. Drop-ins are welcome and there is no agenda for these meetings.
Office hours will be held on the second week of each month.
- On the second Wednesday of each month, one or two Councilors will be available from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. in the Awbrey Butte Conference Room, upstairs at City Hall in downtown Bend.
- The second Thursday of each month, one or two Councilors will be available from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at rotating locations on the east side of Bend, starting with the East Bend Library and Barnes & Noble café.
June 15, 5:30 p.m., Justin Livingston and Nathan Boddie, East Bend
CWNA has a need for volunteers as follows:
- Join the ‘Sounding Board” to impact Bend’s plans for bike paths. More information can be found on our website under hot topics, including the meeting notes from April. The next meeting will be scheduled for late June. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
- Are you interested in making recommendations to the locations of the Speed Monitors in our neighborhood? The City of Bend Police Department would like us to provide a volunteer.
- CWNA has a need for a small amount of Graphic Design help to update some content for our use on the CWNA website and Social Media sites. If you'd like to get involved with a great group of people who care about livability in Bend, please contact us at email@example.com.
Welcome New Board Member!
At our May meeting we added Susane Collins to our Board. Susane fills our Member-at-large position #10, previously held by Jeanne Berry. We wish to thank Jeanne for her years of service to CWNA!
All of the CWNA Board Members are listed on our website http://www.centurywestneighborhood.com/contact-us.html
The value of our neighborhood association is to keep our members informed. We are reaching out to all of the CWNA neighborhoods to promote new members this month. Remember - it’s free!
(a) Stay connected to the wider neighborhood community and help prioritize community projects
(b) Stay informed and provide feedback about planned land development projects
(c) Network with other Bend Neighborhood Associations, and become involved in local civic projects.
SAVE THE DATE! Next Board Meeting
CWNA will hold our next Board Meeting on June 8th at 6:30 at the Broken Top Club Board Room. Anyone and everyone is welcome.