New CWNA Newsletter Format
Happy New Year! With the new year comes a new look for our CWNA newsletter. Thanks to MailChimp (free version) the new format is Responsive meaning the layout adjusts to present itself on all of your devices including mobile phones. Go ahead, shrink your browser window right now and see it in action!
Soon to follow, an updated new and improved CWNA website.
New Westside Citizen's Group
A new westside citizen’s group is launching and will hold a kickoff meeting January 27, 2016 from 5:30-7:30 pm at the Downtown Library - Brooks Room. The neighborhood coalition has a list of priorities centered around keeping Bend livable. To request a meeting agenda, or for more information email:BendNeighborhoodCoalition@gmail.com.
City of Bend Website
The City of Bend is working to refresh its website – including navigation, content and design. We need your help to make our website a great tool and resource for our community. Please take a few minutes to take a short online survey that will help us organize our website around your needs rather than the structure of government.
January's Land Use Development Committee Report Summary
Century West NA Land Use Committee: Bob Brell-Head, Rich Ray and Ken Schofield.The most recent Land Use Development Committee Report can be viewed in more detail in the January 28, 2016, Board Meeting minutes that will be posted on the CWNA website.
Land Use Development Report
- OSU-Cascades established a Community Integration Advisory Group (CIAG) in November 2015. Four groups were created for arts, culture and enrichment; community integration; sustainability; and health and wellness. The final recommendations will be used as guiding design principles by an architecture and engineering design teams to create a long-range development plan for the expanded campus beyond the initial 10-acre site.
- The last legal obstacle standing in the way of Oregon State University – Cascades’ development of a 10-acre campus in Bend was removed on 12/24/15 when the Oregon State Supreme Court decided not to consider an appeal filed in opposition to the campus. The OSC hears about 10% of the cases filed.
- The City of Bend held a Public Hearing on January 20, 2016, before the City Council regarding Development Code (DC) Amendments to Chapter 1.2 Definitions, Chapter 2.1 Residential Districts, Chapter 3.3 Vehicle Parking, Loading and Bicycle Parking, Chapter 3.6 Special Standards and Regulations for Certain Uses in Section 3.6.200.B Accessory Dwelling (Attached, Detached or Above Detached Garage) , and Table 4.1.1600 Summary of Development Types. The proposed amendments are primarily for Accessory Dwelling Units (ADU).
Proposed tentative Board Meeting Agenda, January 28, 2016.1. Open the Meeting. (Chad Sage)
2. Self Introduction of Members and Guests. (Chad Sage)
3. Approve the November 12, 2015 CWNA Board Meeting Minutes. (All)
4. Committee Reports (pay attention to time)
a. Membership, Tracy Pfiffner, Committee Head.
b. Transportation & Traffic Safety, Jeanne Berry, TSAC Representative.
c. Land Use Development, Bob Brell, Committee Head. Please be certain to check Bob’s email of 7 January prior to attending the board meeting.
d. Website/Data Base and Communications, Julie Austin, Committee Head.
e. Noxious Weed Eradication, Tina Burnside, Committee Head
f. Finance, Alexis Scharff, Treasurer.
g. NART (Neighborhood Association Roundtable), Chad Sage & Jeanne Berry, CWNA Representatives.
h. BMPRD (Bend Parks & Recreation), Glen and Cynthia Brown Grochowski, CWNA Liaison Coordinators.
i. Westside Transportation Study, Jeanne Berry, Committee Member
j. Member E-Communications, Tracy Pfiffner
5. New Business
a. Nomination to the CWNA Board- Jim & Nansee Bruce as Co-Board Members for Ward # 1- Tracy Pfiffner
b. 2016 Imperatives. Discussion: "What does CWNA Want to Accomplish in 2016"- All
c. City of Bend Rollover Grant- Program, Scope, CWNA Application & Results.-Joe Richie
d. Releasing agenda prior to board meeting independent of newsletter release.-Tracy Pfiffner
e. CWNA Sponsor. OSU-Cascades/City of Bend Forum. Update from discussion with Bend 2030 and Erin. (All & Chad Sage). We have a date set of 5 April. I have notes and a simple suggested outline from discussion with Sally Russell and Erin Marlowe.
f. Other subjects of interest from the Board. (All)
6. Close the Meeting.
Next CWNA Board Meeting
January 28, 2016 at 7PM at the Broken Top Board Room
CNWA Awarded NA Rollover Grant!
CWNA is proud to be one of three recipients of Bend's first neighborhood association rollover grant program.
CWNA was awarded $3,150 to update and enhance its website and conduct a CWNA OSU-Cascades Forum this spring. More information and a Save the Date email for the forum, to follow. Check the CWNA website for updates.
CWNA Board Meeting Minutes
You can view the approved minutes from the CWNA Annual Meeting held October 21st and the draft meeting minutes from CWNA's November 12, 2015 board meeting by clicking on these links.
Meeting minutes will be posted and linked to the CWNA website in future newsletters.
Copyright © 2016 CWNA, All rights reserved.