Vision Statement: NART is a catalyst for encouraging an ongoing sense of civic responsibility.
The Mission of NART is to provide a forum and to encourage a collaborative process where the Neighborhood Associations (NAs) can discuss and act upon core issues which impact the livability of Bend.
This is accomplished by:
- Establishing a proactive and outcome-oriented communication between the City of Bend and NART.
- Adopting positions on Core Issues, as agreed upon, in order to provide increased emphasis to City Council, City Staff and the community of Bend.
- Meeting dates and times will be decided as needed at an accessible location.
- The facilitator and note taker roles will rotate among the NAs. The current assignment is for three (3) months.
- Meeting notes will be distributed and will include a record of attendance plus a synopsis of discussions to include the pros and cons of any decisions or recommendations.
- Each NA should be represented by a Board member or designee. Each NA will have one (1) vote.
- Communication between the City and the NAs may be through various methods to include NA representation on City-sanctioned committees. Those NA committee representatives may share with other NAs information learned from the City-sanctioned committee meetings.
- Issues that may most effectively be presented to the City Staff and/or the City Council by a number of NAs will adhere to the following process:
- Advocates present the pros and cons of the position(s).
- A vote will be taken by the NA representatives present at the meeting.
- If passed by a majority, the position will include the names of NAs supporting and those dissenting.
- Issues settled at a NART meeting will not be binding on any of the NAs without the notification and acceptance of the individual NA Boards.
Adopted: January 2016