LAND USE TOPICS
Developers and others that are required by the city of Bend to contact us may write to us at our email:
Land Use - Update on Pine Ridge Inn
Approximately 30 people attended the public meeting to learn more about the proposed re-development of the Pine Ridge in and adjacent parcels. CWNA submitted this letter to the City of Bend summarizing the primary questions related to the project. The project has not yet been approved, so the official public comment period has not begun (where citizens can comment on the record).
Here is the current status of the project:
1. Applicant completed a “pre-application” process where the applicants meets with city staff to identify potential issues with the concept the applicant wishes to pursue.
2. Applicant opened a site plan file (PZ-20-0263) and a separate file (PZ-20-695) for “variances”.
3. Applicant completed the required neighborhood meeting.
4. Engineering department is review the submitted Transportation Facilities Report (TFR) and Transportation Impact Analysis (TIA). Both documents are posted in PZ-20-0263.
5. Applicant is working on preparing submittals to “complete” the site plan application. Those submittals may include responding to comments the public made in the neighborhood meeting (the code doesn’t require the applicant to make a response. The city planner can only suggest the applicant do so.) The city planner makes the determination when the application is deemed complete and it must include the engineering department approving the TFR and TIA.
Once the planner deems the application is complete, a notice of a two week comment period is sent out by the city planner to all within a radius of the project. That notice has not been issued yet. Sometimes it takes a while for the application to be deemed complete.
If you have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are coordinating with neighboring NA's and plan to issue additional comments around traffic and the requested variances during the comment period.
Update: As of 9/15/2020, this project is still not approved. The developer did submit a 2nd Burden of Proof statement, and we are waiting to learn more in terms of city response.
Land Use Notices - Access to City of Bend web site
You can access Land Use development plans on the City of Bend website here.
Do you want to make a comment on a land use topic? Here's a sample template and guidelines for your communication. Click here.
CWNA does not currently have a dedicated Land Use Chair person. This page will be further updated once we have a volunteer in place to assist in keeping information current.